2023 Black Crows Captis Birdie
This is a brand new version of the popular blackcrows ski, accessible and more sensual than before. Its freestyle heritage and reasonable but consistent width make it an all-terrain ski that holds its edge well for carvers, and is easy to steer to suit all styles. This new version is more incisive but also more playful, with a ski that is grippier but still easy to handle, a pleasure to enjoy all winter in all conditions.
- Intermediate lift: 90mm at the skid
- Double rocker: great maneuverability, control, pivot
- Classic medium camber: classic camber under the foot with intermediate ski/snow contact for a perfect balance between footing and handling
- Tight sidecut and 18 metre radius: good cornering. The action for the cut driving is easy and fast. The ski turns fairly short.
- Tolerant flex: comfortable and accessible
Intermediate - Advanced
- If you are a seasoned skier learning new skills, or a twice a year veteran taking on new challenges both on and off piste, you will probably fall into this category. Skis for this individual will usually be designed with a stronger wood core and sandwiched-sidewall construction. They will generally also offer both a wider profile and stiffer flex than a beginner - intermediate ski.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
- Park skis are for the skier who prefers to hit the jumps, rails, and jibs. Many park skis will feature twin tips; thicker and more durable edges; and a denser extruded base. More rocker profiles and different shapes are becoming available to suit every skier in the park.
Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- A rocker/camber/rocker profile has both the playfulness and float of a rockered ski while adding the edge hold of a cambered ski. This profile moves the front and rear contact points medial, but still not under your boot. A rocker/camber/rocker profile is excellent for an all mountain ski, giving you float in deeper snow and crud, with a good edge hold on piste.