2023 Blizzard Black Pearl 88
Redesigned with input from Blizzard's Women to Women project and their engineers, the Black Pearl 88 shines as bright as ever. Blizzard’s TrueBlend Flipcore W.S.D. (Women’s Specific Design) makes skiing all sorts ofconditions easy and fun, so women are empowered to ski corduroy groomers, softersnow off-piste, bumps, trees and everything in between. They designed the Black Pearl88 not just for the best days on the mountain, but for every day. A lightweight construction, smooth profile shape and camber underfoot make the Black Pearl 88 a goto for today, tomorrow and the day after that, too.
Rocker-Camber-Rocker, Sandwich Compound Sidewall (Carbon) TrueBlend Flipcore W.S.D.
Advanced to Expert
- Length: 147/153/159/165
- Sidecut: 128/88/110 @ Length 165
- Radius: 14,0 @ Length 165
Intermediate - Advanced
- If you are a seasoned skier learning new skills, or a twice a year veteran taking on new challenges both on and off piste, you will probably fall into this category. Skis for this individual will usually be designed with a stronger wood core and sandwiched-sidewall construction. They will generally also offer both a wider profile and stiffer flex than a beginner - intermediate ski.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
- Freeride skis will be wider underfoot, but not as fat as a powder ski. They will perform well off piste but will still be dependable on the groomers. You'll definitely see these skis with a tip rocker, but cambered underfoot; helping them float in deeper snow, yet keeping a grip on piste.
Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- A rocker/camber/rocker profile has both the playfulness and float of a rockered ski while adding the edge hold of a cambered ski. This profile moves the front and rear contact points medial, but still not under your boot. A rocker/camber/rocker profile is excellent for an all mountain ski, giving you float in deeper snow and crud, with a good edge hold on piste.