2023 DEMO Salomon QST Lux 92 w/ Salomon Strive 11 GW D
As time evolves, so does our style of skiing. In response, Salomon took the beloved QST LUX 92, lengthened the rocker and revamped its shape to create a more modern, playful version of your favorite charger. What they didn’t change? The edge grip, performance, and stability you have come to rely on when charging groomers or skipping through the glades.
Intermediate - Advanced
- If you are a seasoned skier learning new skills, or a twice a year veteran taking on new challenges both on and off piste, you will probably fall into this category. Skis for this individual will usually be designed with a stronger wood core and sandwiched-sidewall construction. They will generally also offer both a wider profile and stiffer flex than a beginner - intermediate ski.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- A rocker/camber/rocker profile has both the playfulness and float of a rockered ski while adding the edge hold of a cambered ski. This profile moves the front and rear contact points medial, but still not under your boot. A rocker/camber/rocker profile is excellent for an all mountain ski, giving you float in deeper snow and crud, with a good edge hold on piste.
STRIVE 11 GRIPWALK DEMO
The STRIVE 11 GRIPWALK DEMO binding features an ultra low-profile toe piece which creates a low center of gravity. This enhances a skier’s power, control, and response due to enhanced sensitivity. This, a DIN setting up to 11, and an easy-to-step-in toe create great days on the mountain.
LDN Toe, Automatic Wing & Toe adjustment, Low profile Chassis, Gripwalk - Adult
- Demo Bindings are specialized rental bindings that use the same heal and toe from the Retail Binding it represents and affixes them to adjustable mounting tracks. This gives the heal and toe assembly more range to fit most adult boot sole lengths.
- The Strive 11 GW Demo Binding can adapt to a wide range of boot sizes, from 262mm to 382mm.
DIN, ISO, and Boot/Binding Compatibility
- The DIN (Deutsches Institut für Normung) scale on your bindings is the ski industries’ adjustment range for the release force settings on your skis’ bindings. This number will be determined by your age, weight, height, boot sole length, and your skier type (not always correlating with your skier ‘ability’). This setting should always be adjusted by a qualified technician after a visual/tactile inspection and function test.
- Other industry standards define boot sole/lug shapes. A traditional alpine ski boot sole will be specified by ISO 5355. All contemporary alpine DIN bindings will accept this boot.
- Salomon GW Bindings are compatible with Alpine (ISO 5355), and GRIPWALK (ISO 9523) bootsole norms.
- Wear and tear on your boots' soles can and will affect the release and retention of your binding/boot system. Often, these can be replaced by a dealer.
*If you’re unsure if your boots and bindings are compatible, please have a qualified technician give them a tactile and visual inspection.
*All Non-System Demo Skis are mounted with Demo Bindings.