2023 Elan Attack 14 MN Alpine Ski Bindings
The Attack 14 MN binding combines the safety features of the Attack line, first-class downhill performance and the versatility of the FR PRO 3 toe, suitable for adult Alpine (ISO 5355 TYPE A), Walk (ISO 23223 TYPE A) and all Touring ski boots (ISO 9523). The binding has an NX FR heel with a stand height of 24 mm.
DIN, ISO, and Boot/Binding Compatibility
- The DIN (Deutsches Institut für Normung) scale on your bindings is the ski industries’ adjustment range for the release force settings on your skis’ bindings. This number will be determined by your age, weight, height, boot sole length, and your skier type (not always correlating with your skier ‘ability’). This setting should always be adjusted by a qualified technician after a visual/tactile inspection and function test.
- Other industry standards define boot sole/lug shapes. A traditional alpine ski boot sole will be specified by ISO 5355. All contemporary alpine DIN bindings will accept this boot.
- Our Elan ATTACK 14 MN Demo Bindings are compatible with Most Alpine (ISO 5355), GRIPWALK, Walk to Ride (WTR), and Touring (ISO 9523) soles and lugs*.
- Wear and tear on your boots' soles can and will affect the release and retention of your binding/boot system. Often, these can be replaced by a dealer.
*If you’re unsure if your boots and bindings are compatible, please have a qualified technician give them a tactile and visual inspection.
- For your brakes to function correctly and prevent damage to your skis and bindings, your brake width needs to be at least as wide as the waist of your ski. For example, if you have a ski that has a waist of 96mm, an appropriate brake width could be 100mm. Never choose a brake that is more than 15mm wider than the waist of your ski. Often, wider OEM brakes can be purchased for your powder skis. Always have a qualified technician perform this work.