2023 Salomon QST 106
The icon of Salomon’s QST line, the QST 106 is a favorite across the world. This year, Salomon revamped the ski's shape, complimenting the classic QST layup that you rely on for power and stability. The result? A ski that does it all with style and finesse - no matter the snow, no matter the terrain. Go ahead, make the mountain your playground.
Advanced - Expert
- If you enjoy hitting the biggest features in the park, aggressively carving high speed precision turns, and taking the steepest lines you can find, you will probably benefit from the features of an advanced - expert ski. These skis will be engineered with power, stiffness, and rigidity in mind. You will likely find layered construction with materials like carbon, metal and stiffer woods.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
- Big Mountain and Powder skis will tend towards the stiffer side, usually with more rocker in the tip, and the tail having less. Hard chargers who prefer high speeds and bigger lines will benefit from the features these skis have to offer. These will typically be the widest skis and not be the best choice for piste.
- Touring skis are engineered to climb uphill (generally with skins) as well as ski downhill. They will generally have a lighter weight to width ratio; wider designs rocking deeper snow and skis thinner at the waist being more appropriate for spring/east coast/distance touring. These skis will work well with either telemark or alpine touring bindings.
Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- A rocker/camber/rocker profile has both the playfulness and float of a rockered ski while adding the edge hold of a cambered ski. This profile moves the front and rear contact points medial, but still not under your boot. A rocker/camber/rocker profile is excellent for an all mountain ski, giving you float in deeper snow and crud, with a good edge hold on piste.