2023 Volkl Kanjo 84
With an 84 mm waist, the Kanjo offers a lively yet stable feel for cruising on piste thanks to the Titanal binding platform and new 3D radius sidecut. The glass frame and tip and tail rocker also enable smooth, buttery turns. The Kanjo is the perfect on-piste ski for off-piste skiers who dig piste skiing but never want to be regarded as on-piste skiers. If you’re a freeskier looking for an on-piste ski suitable for freeriding that offers both fun and outstanding performance, the Kanjo is the ideal choice.
Tip & Tail Rocker, 3 Radius Sidecut, Multilayer Woodcore, Full Sidewall
Intermediate to Advanced
- Length: 161/168/175
- Sidecut: 125/84/107 @ Length 175
- Radius: (R1) 21 (R2) 15, (R3) 19 @ Length 175
Intermediate - Advanced
- If you are a seasoned skier learning new skills, or a twice a year veteran taking on new challenges both on and off piste, you will probably fall into this category. Skis for this individual will usually be designed with a stronger wood core and sandwiched-sidewall construction. They will generally also offer both a wider profile and stiffer flex than a beginner - intermediate ski.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
- Freeride skis will be wider underfoot, but not as fat as a powder ski. They will perform well off piste but will still be dependable on the groomers. You’ll definitely see these skis with a tip rocker, but cambered underfoot; helping them float in deeper snow, yet keeping a grip on piste.
Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- A rocker/camber/rocker profile has both the playfulness and float of a rockered ski while adding the edge hold of a cambered ski. This profile moves the front and rear contact points medial, but still not under your boot. A rocker/camber/rocker profile is excellent for an all mountain ski, giving you float in deeper snow and crud, with a good edge hold on piste.