2024 Elan Ripstick 88 W
As a true all-mountain ski, you can take the Ripstick 88 W anywhere with confidence. It is the bridge between front side and freeride, providing smoothness and confidence under your feet in any conditions or terrain. Inheriting the tech pedigree from wider Ripsticks, it’s equally confident off piste as it is on groomers or variable crud at the end of the day. Optimizing Elan’s unique Amphibio profile this narrower 88 mm Ripstick is agile, smooth and easy to ski. The secret lies within the innovative Amphibio Carbon Line Technology for a snappy and lively feel while the SST sidewalls complement the TubeLite wood core for direct transmission of power edge to edge.
- Best All-Mountain Versatility
- Excellent Flotation
- Most Powerful Edge Grip
- Playful Rebound
- Stability at any speed, in any turn shape
Intermediate - Advanced
- If you are a seasoned skier learning new skills, or a twice a year veteran taking on new challenges both on and off piste, you will probably fall into this category. Skis for this individual will usually be designed with a stronger wood core and sandwiched-sidewall construction. They will generally also offer both a wider profile and stiffer flex than a beginner - intermediate ski.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
- Touring skis are engineered to climb uphill (generally with skins) as well as ski downhill. They will generally have a lighter weight to width ratio; wider designs rocking deeper snow and skis thinner at the waist being more appropriate for spring/east coast/distance touring. These skis will work well with either telemark or alpine touring bindings.
Amphibio (Elan Specific)
- Elan’s Amphibio technology is a hybrid rocker profile that splits camber and rocker between the inside edge and the outside edge of the ski, respectively. The full camber on the inside gives the skis precision edge grip while the rocker profile on the outside edge aids transition in turns, also providing float in deeper snow.