2024 Volkl Kenja 88
The impressive carving performance comes from the three different radii in the sidecut, aka: the 3D Radius Sidecut design. Depending on speed and edge angle, the snow connects with a different part of the ski, supporting that specific turn, managing the terrain and forces smoothly. The tip and tail rocker make any turn shape initiation more fluid, plus provide clearance when the slope becomes deep with powder (yay!) or full of crud (yay?).
The Kenja 88 is also built with a Titanal Frame and Carbon tips which gives stability without losing playfulness. The result of all of this is a ski that holds beautifully at high speeds while still remaining extremely lively. If you’ve got Kenja 88’s on your feet, it’s time to unbuckle your belt and dig in to all the mountains can offer.
Tailored Carbon Tips, Tailored Titanal Frame, 3D Radius Sidecut, Full Sidewall, Multilayer Woodcore
Intermediate to Advanced
- Length: 149/156/163
- Sidecut: 129_88_113 @ Length 163
- Radius: (R1) 23, (R2) 13, (R3) 21 @ Length 163
Intermediate - Advanced
- If you are a seasoned skier learning new skills, or a twice a year veteran taking on new challenges both on and off piste, you will probably fall into this category. Skis for this individual will usually be designed with a stronger wood core and sandwiched-sidewall construction. They will generally also offer both a wider profile and stiffer flex than a beginner - intermediate ski.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- A rocker/camber/rocker profile has both the playfulness and float of a rockered ski while adding the edge hold of a cambered ski. This profile moves the front and rear contact points medial, but still not under your boot. A rocker/camber/rocker profile is excellent for an all mountain ski, giving you float in deeper snow and crud, with a good edge hold on piste.