2023 Head Kore 97 W
Buttery light with a strong backbone, the KORE 97 W's lightweight construction means great touring capability and more energy for all-mountain adventures. A blend of materials reduce weight without sacrificing performance such as light Graphene fused into the rockered tip and tail. Light but stiff Karuba wood in the core is sandwiched by triaxle woven carbon adding responsiveness, while a new durable topsheet shape rounds out the KORE 97 W's offering as a one-ski quiver for the adventurous freeride skier.
- Multilayer-Carbon Sandwich Cap Construction
- KARUBA-POPLAR Light Weight Wood Core
- Structured UHM C Base
- Tip-Tail Rocker
Advanced - Expert
- If you enjoy hitting the biggest features in the park, aggressively carving high speed precision turns, and taking the steepest lines you can find, you will probably benefit from the features of an advanced - expert ski. These skis will be engineered with power, stiffness, and rigidity in mind. You will likely find layered construction with materials like carbon, metal and stiffer woods.
- Touring skis are engineered to climb uphill (generally with skins) as well as ski downhill. They will generally have a lighter weight to width ratio; wider designs rocking deeper snow and skis thinner at the waist being more appropriate for spring/east coast/distance touring. These skis will work well with either telemark or alpine touring bindings.
- Big Mountain and Powder skis will tend towards the stiffer side, usually with more rocker in the tip, and the tail having less. Hard chargers who prefer high speeds and bigger lines will benefit from the features these skis have to offer. These will typically be the widest skis and not be the best choice for piste.
Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- A rocker/camber/rocker profile has both the playfulness and float of a rockered ski while adding the edge hold of a cambered ski. This profile moves the front and rear contact points medial, but still not under your boot. A rocker/camber/rocker profile is excellent for an all mountain ski, giving you float in deeper snow and crud, with a good edge hold on piste.