2024 Black Crows Vertis Birdie
With its short radius (15 meters) and 85mm at the base, it benefits from a very fast edge-to-edge transition that makes it a pleasure to ride. With three intermediate sizes (152, 159, 169), the Vertis Birdie is our women's piste ski par excellence.
- Small lift: 85mm at the skid
- Lightweight rocker: stability, small pivot, good edge grip, lift off
- Classic long camber: classic camber under the foot with extended ski/snow contact for alpine style cornering
- Short radius (15m) and narrow skid (85mm): reactivity, speed of transition from edge to edge, short cut driving
- Sporty and playful flex
- Front rocker & early-rise heel
- Classic camber
- Reinforced topsheet grip for more protection
- Stainless steel front tip protection
- Length: 152/159
- Sidecut: 120/85/104 @ Length 152
Intermediate - Advanced
- If you are a seasoned skier learning new skills, or a twice a year veteran taking on new challenges both on and off piste, you will probably fall into this category. Skis for this individual will usually be designed with a stronger wood core and sandwiched-sidewall construction. They will generally also offer both a wider profile and stiffer flex than a beginner - intermediate ski.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
- These high-speed carvers will typically have a narrower waist with a full camber profile; maximizing edge grip. Many of them will also have an integrated binding system organic to the ski. If you spend most of your time rocking it on the groomers, these might be right for you.
- A rocker/camber profile keeps camber underfoot, storing and transmitting energy with the rear contact point remaining near the tail. An elongated, early rise, rockered tip moves the forward contact point medially, providing less edge catch and increased flotation in deeper snow.