2024 Volkl Yumi 80
The Multilayer Woodcore and Full Sidewall still provide a dynamic ski experience, but the Glass Frame is more forgiving and easier to control than a ski with a Titanal Frame. The 3D Radius Sidecut gives the ski surprising turn shape versatility, agile for short turns while still supporting big sweeping arcs. The Yumi 80 brings the fun when it comes to performance, on and even off piste - when the snow is soft and irresistible.
• 3D Radius Sidecut
• Full Sidewall
• Glass Frame
• Base: P-Tex 2100
• Base structure: Brushed structure
Intermediate to Advanced
- Length: 147/154/161
- Sidecut: 121_80_103 @ Length 154
- Radius: (R1) 18, (R2) 13, (R3) 16@ Length 154
Intermediate - Advanced
- If you are a seasoned skier learning new skills, or a twice a year veteran taking on new challenges both on and off piste, you will probably fall into this category. Skis for this individual will usually be designed with a stronger wood core and sandwiched-sidewall construction. They will generally also offer both a wider profile and stiffer flex than a beginner - intermediate ski.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- A rocker/camber/rocker profile has both the playfulness and float of a rockered ski while adding the edge hold of a cambered ski. This profile moves the front and rear contact points medial, but still not under your boot. A rocker/camber/rocker profile is excellent for an all mountain ski, giving you float in deeper snow and crud, with a good edge hold on piste.