2024 Volkl Yumi 84
With an 84mm waist and 3D Radius Sidecut, the Yumi 84 maneuvers seamlessly between serious corduroy shredding and crud crushing as well as delivering on the occasional powder day. The unique combination of a Glass Frame surrounding a Titanal Binding Platform adds serious stability and power transmission under the foot without much extra weight. The ski feels smoother AND livelier, which means it can be ridden harder. The tip and tail rocker give clearance when venturing off piste, and the taper in the tip makes turn initiation almost automatic. Effortless reliability meets playful ease in the Yumi 84.
Tip & Tail Rocker, 3 Radius Sidecut, Full Sidewall, Multilayer Woodcore, Titanal Binding Platform
Intermediate to Advanced
- Length: 147/154/161
- Sidecut: 125/84/107 @ Length 154
- Radius: (R1) 18, (R2) 13, (R3) 16@ Length 154
Intermediate - Advanced
- If you are a seasoned skier learning new skills, or a twice a year veteran taking on new challenges both on and off piste, you will probably fall into this category. Skis for this individual will usually be designed with a stronger wood core and sandwiched-sidewall construction. They will generally also offer both a wider profile and stiffer flex than a beginner - intermediate ski.
- An all mountain ski is engineered to be dependable in most terrains you have in mind. This could include heavy snow, steeps, font-side groomers, ice, and powder. If you have one ski in your quiver, this would be a good choice.
Rocker / Camber / Rocker
- A rocker/camber/rocker profile has both the playfulness and float of a rockered ski while adding the edge hold of a cambered ski. This profile moves the front and rear contact points medial, but still not under your boot. A rocker/camber/rocker profile is excellent for an all mountain ski, giving you float in deeper snow and crud, with a good edge hold on piste.